Monday, May 7, 2012

Avast Mobile Security

Hey all, this is a follow-up to my post about mobile security. I tried out Avast Mobile Security for a couple weeks and during that time my phone ran significantly slower than normal. I tried rebooting and closing other apps/services but it did not speed up. I tried turning off parts of the program. No dice.

In the end I uninstalled Avast Mobile Security and my phone is now running as fast as it was before installing the app. I plan to try out the app again in the future and see if they have improved it. Although it could be my phone; I am using a Samsung Droid Charge. Not the fastest phone in the world but I'm guessing mobile threats will become more prevalent with time and I will need some kind of security program to run on my phone that won't slow it down to the point of uselessness.

Until next time...

No comments: