Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Free Antivirus / Mobile Security for Android

    I saw a webinar today about mobile threats. I forget the exact number but the point is that while the number of threats to Android compared to Windows may be relatively low, it is still significant and requires attention.

    I ended up looking at this page on av-test.org where they have done testing for mobile security apps. Basically they tested a bunch of them and only a few came out detecting 90% or more of threats. Included in that top list is Avast! Free Mobile Security. I use Avast Free on my home system and it has worked well so this caught my attention.

    I decided to download it and give it a shot. Upon first run it went ahead and scanned all my apps which did not take long at all, although I do not have that many apps installed.

    Avast Mobile Security also comes with an anti-theft portion. It allows you to remotely control your device including locking, wiping your data and locating.

    I am optimistic about this program and after using it a while I will post an update on my findings.

Until next time...

Link to Avast Mobile Security

No comments: