Monday, June 11, 2012

Android notification ads

I have a Samsung Droid Charge. I really like it, but recently I have been getting ads to pop up in my notification area at the top. It will have a star icon and have a random ad that points to a web page. I did a google search and, not surprisingly, read that this is usually due to adware bundled with an app. One of the pieces of adware behind these ads is AirPush. But here is the cool thing: There is an app called AirPush Detector. You can install and run this app and it will give you a list of all the apps on your phone that are bundled with AirPush, and a shortcut to uninstall it. Mine happened to be a silly sound effect app which I don't care about anyway so I promptly removed it.


If you are getting these annoying ad notifications, give AirPush a try.

No comments: